I once was enthralled with pretty boys,
arts and crafts, games and toys
men to me, are not what you see,
or what they give
or how they live.
The inner soul
can do wonders for us all
I watched him play
his beard of red
his body large,warm and always fed
his eyes so fine
wish they were mine,mine
And when he spoke, his words were soft
soft as down
the crowd said "you are just so nice"
for a man like that I would be
i'd be anyone, anything, please name your price
for, i have never heard such humbling words
from a man with such a gift
how absurd
With his harmonica he played
long into the night
I picture the man my parent's want
to take their daughters hand.
And if I could draw, and I could dream,
these adjective's previous,
would have drawn him
For warmth and comfort is something to give
AH! what a way to live

No comments:
Post a Comment