Wednesday, May 19, 2010

egoista.

Oh People, one in particular .

'Dar' means 'to give' in spanish.  When I think about the people in my life who I enjoy spending any amount of time with, they all have one thing in common. Ellos dan.  They give.  It doesn't matter what it is, but they feel the need to generously dish out what they have.  To me, this is the most important trait in a person.  I have been raised since day one to live by "what's mine is yours".  I know, how cliche.  This is a fact, and shouldn't be questioned.  There is no amount of money, no amount of time, no amount of late night phone calls I won't take, no amount of tangible object that I wouldn't give to a friend or family member in need.

The reason I am writing about this, is because there is one person in my life, who I know was raised identically to me, that couldn't be more opposite.  This person expects everything at a snap of a finger, and will give you nothing in return.  At first I thought it was maturity, which it still is, and that this person woudl grow out of it, it has only gotten worse.  Let me give an example, I had a quilt hung up to dry yesterday and nicely asked this person, "would you mind throwing this in my room in an hour or so, I need to get to work"?  The response I received was, "No, what's the difference of it hanging here or sitting in your room, do it when you get home."  Okay great.  Today, this person had laundry in the dryer and asked me ever so sweetly, "Would you mind, I need to run out, could you take my laundry out of the dryer and fold it, after that could you throw it in my room"?  Haha people are funny.

My parents left me and my sister a generous amount of money before leaving to Rome this week.  I didn't need it at all, but accepted this kind act.  I have used a portion of this on gas for my car, a few groceries and a few other minor necessities.  Although I could care less about my sister's spending habits, I will explain my anger about what she bought.  The first day she took the money, and went to the mall and bought a few articles of clothing.  The next day her and a friend went for dinner.  Today, as she left for work, I see her hopping into my dad's vehicle.  I noticed this, and asked her, "Why can't you take your own car"?  She replied, "There is no gas in it!!".   Haha, and I am considered the irresponsible wench in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment