Tuesday, December 7, 2010

pretty powder

This is something I have wanted to blog about for a while, but I didn't quite know how to : due to the fact that I didn't want to sound anything like a hypocrite about this situation.  Drugs are something I have been around since before high school, and smoking pot has become second nature to the majority of my friends. Although I love smoking pot, I have never made it a huge part of my life.  I lived on a mountain for 2 years where I have seen just about every reason your parent would not want you moving there, but it had no effect on my friends and I as we lived our lives at Big White.  What I want to discuss here is hard drugs.  This is where one might say, you are a hypocrite, you just admitted to smoking weed.  Weed DOES NOT effect people the way say, cocaine does.  I was never really exposed to coke in high school, and it wasn't until I got to Big White did I see people do it around me.

First thing :  It's not fucking cool, but since most already knew that, I will try and explain.

I feel so sorry for people who's lives are so terrible that they need these drugs to induce their senses, their personality, their ability to converse with people.   Some may even do them just to be 'themselves'.  Wow are you a low life.  I couldn't imagine needing anything more then good music, my best friends, boyfriend, family to give me the high that people get from drugs.  I feel that if my brain had an extra cell to be busted, I auta bust it trying to memorize a song on the piano, read wikipedia until my eyes burn, catch up with problems going on in the world.

Although Madlin' and I have had this conversation plenty of times that we have concluded, "I suppose most people don't get the same kind of joy from life as you and I".  Which is completely true, but besides the point, it all comes down to choices.  Everyone is exposed to drugs sometime in their life, and although I don't mean to get all grade 7 drug class on anyone, I can say this open and honestly that having tried drugs, I know that it adds nothing to my life.  Infact it only decreases every attribute of my personality that I hold so dearly.

NOTE : you do not appear more attractive, more fun, more outgoing, more cool strutting around the bar blasted out of your face, hanging off of men.  The only thing you equal in their eyes (men) and the likes of all the smart people around you is, "hey, she looks like she's going nowhere in life, I bet she's as easy to sleep with as well".

You know what, I believe more than anyone that you only live once, and everyone should do something in their life that really is out of character, like move to Europe, get a tattoo, learn a language, beat someone up, whatever.  But popping rat poison and dancing til' your tits pop out of your shirt has never been on my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment