Thursday, November 25, 2010

This cold don't feel so cold at all.

I thought I would dread the turn of the season, as I typically do when I live here.  But this season I have welcomed the snow/cold with open arms.  I am getting so excited for Christmas and have been keeping busy doing things I haven't done in the past.  Living on a ski hill kind of feels like Christmas everyday so I knew I'd have to change my ways to get into the spirit this year & last.  This year I've been volunteering at Saskatchewan Abilities Council, and next week i'll start at Regina Food For Living, delivering food etc. to homes in need.  It is so easy to feel "too busy", as there are days when I could waste away in my bed until 2pm (and I have).  I just think everyone could benefit from getting involved a little, you know? 

 I was so lucky to get away to Halifax 2 weeks ago when our huge storm hit.  Halifax is beautiful and envy my baby sister in every way for voyaging out there on her own, I guess it runs in her blood.  I know she will never come home for good, but will give me an excuse to be out there 2-3 times a year.  I've decided to get my spanish certificate & go back to University in January.  I literally can't wait, I love being at school and filling my brain with more information then it can accommodate.  

I don't typically write about my life, as it is easier for me to pour out poems or fill my page with pictures but I haven't 'journaled' anything lately and realize I have so much to talk about, however, if you know me, you already know what's going on, and if you don't, there is probably a reason for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment